The European Forth Modification Labortory
euroFORML '88 was held at the University of Southampton, Southampton, England, 22-24 September. A copy of the proceedings are available from MPE Ltd.
- Strategies for embedded application
- Forth In Space!, by R. Vahrman.
- Design considerations for Microcontroller Development Systems, by A. P. Haley.
- Programming Tools
- Cordic - Variable precision Floating Point, by C. Lavarenne.
- "Go Forth" with "Come Hither", by R. Goddard.
- An Augmented Transition Network Compiler and State Machine, by R. Crawford.
- Implementation Strategies
- Forth Implementation on the Acorn RISC, by B. W. D. Larkin.
- In-line Code Generation for Optimised Data Structure Access, by C. Hainsworth.
- A C-to-Forth Translator, by A. Winfield and S. Kelley.
- Application of the Harris RTX Processor in Medical Imaging, by R. Marriott.
- The Use of Multi-Tasking in Forth Applications, by H. Oakford.
- Acquisition and Real-Time Display of Spectrophotometer Data, by M. Thomas.
- State Machines in Forth Applications, by R. Borrell.
- Programming Methodologies
- Specification and Optimisation, by Bill Stoddart.
- Who Needs the Text Interpreter Anyway?, by R. Crawford.
- A Text File Syntax For Screen File Users, by S. Pelc and A. Waters.